Works in Translation

Annie1234

Hello

I am also doing my WIT essay on Medea for the same exam session (different topic though- function of the deus ex machina).

I suggest you pick a motif as you will not be able to cover all of them in 1200-1500 words. Once you have picked your favourite, you can talk about how it relates to different things or its overall function in the play. Have you talked to your English teachers much about it? They might be able to help you refine your ideas.

Good luck! 

• 3 weeks later...

You can write a hundred words or so on medea, another 100 on what is motif, yet another 100 on why you're doing this topic and what you're going to talk about in the essay. Now you're only left with 900 words. Talk about what role motif plays in the novel (or what it does in general) and how it is recurring (if it is, I haven't read this novel so...) and then you can mention all the places where motif is explicitly presented and what it tells us about the character/theme, etc. and how it shapes the story.