IOP Help on The Hollow Men/Poetry

Hi there,

My partner and I have decided to do our final IOP on the Hollow Men by T.S. Elliot. We haven't decided our topic as of yet though we have some ideas. What we are stuck on is how to present a poem creatively (as in not in the traditional presentation format). So far in our class for the practice IOP poems have been presented traditionally.

Any ideas regarding on how you/your classmate presented the Hollow Men or presented poetry in general is much appreciated. Tips on how to do the IOP are also welcome.

Thanks! (^ v ^)

Try this for IOP tips http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/37160-iop-tips/

There are all sorts of things you can do with poetry, and with this one, without doing a straightforward pres. For example, there are lots of meaningful allusions to other works (Shakespeare, Conrad's HOD, Dante's Inferno... at least, from what I remember from my own classes. It is best in that case to do this as a group or rope in some classmates.  You could have these voices speak to each other or to the audience and each would explain their significance in the overall scheme of the poem. Or perhaps they can ask T.S. Eliot (you can pose as the author) why they have been summoned.

Anyway, that's just one idea that would give you a very *easy way* to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the poem.