Hi!

I have started my IB diploma this september with the following subjects:

1. MATHS HL
  2. PHYSICS HL
  3. ECONOMICS SL
  4. BIOLOGY SL
  5. ENGLISH B HL
  6. ITALIAN A SL

At university, I'd like to do aeronautical engineering. Because of this future career I was thinking about changing BIOLOGY SL into DESIGN and TECHNOLOGY HL, finishing my diploma with these subjects:

1. MATHS HL
  2. PHYSICS HL
  3. DT HL
  4. ECONOMICS SL
  5. ENGLISH B SL
  6. ITALIAN A SL

I've already talked to the IB coordinator and he told me this change would be fine because I would have these Christmas holidays to catch up.

Do you think it's a better combination? Any advices to improve my subject range for this specific future career?

Thank you!

To be honest, I think it doesn't matter at all either way, unless Design and Technology will give you some competitive edge in getting into uni. When it comes to getting a job after uni, your IB subjects will have very little (or no) impact at all, your university modules will matter far more. Your subjects look good for Engineering, you've Maths and Physics at HL, so all is good. Unless there are some specific requirements for Aeronautical engineering, then you're set to go. I'd personally keep English at HL, cause, assuming you're fluent in it, is easy to score very well in.