Japanese Individual Oral

Dotti22

Hi :)

At the moment I am on exchange in Japan, in the holidays before I begin IB. Next year I am planning to do SL Japanese and I was wondering about the kind of stimulus that you receive for your individual oral and any tips about in general. Also if anyone has some topics/grammar things to work on that will be important in SL Jap, while I am in Japan please let me know :)

P.S. If anyone knows any places for Jap SL past papers that would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by Dotti22

that's kind of hard to say because it depends on what topics your class does

the stimuli for my individual orals were always like culturally aspects like food, traditional dress, temples, japanese style rooms etc

i always structured mine as 1 minute talking about the image, 1 minute discussing the idea behind the issue, and 1 minute comparing it to my culture. the time brackets depend on the image obviously but that's what i tried to stick to. in the discussion with your teacher, i always tried to repeat my teachers question in the response so that i can get points for whatever grammar structure they used as well as what i say.

instead of working on topics and grammar prior to ib, just start learning kanji because it is the devil and will ruin your life. grammar is crammable, and topics you will understand from doing reading but to be able to do the readings you need to know the kanji

ib recently tried to delete a lot of websites that host ib past papers i think so it might be harder to find them. ask your teacher for some or i might have some on my laptop if you can't find them anywhere

enjoy your exchange!!

• Like 1