What do you think of this topic for TOK Presentation?

Littlelostattimes

Hi :)

I am doing my Theory of Knowledge Presentation soon and I've thought of a topic so I hope you guys could comment your thoughts on it, be it good or bad, I'm open-minded about it.

My real life situation would be about a theory suggested by Stephen Hawking about "Human aggression will someday be responsible in destroying human civilization" which I will connect to another real life situation of the Cold War where the US and Soviet Union were fighting due to the establishment of nuclear weapon that may wipe out the world.

My knowledge question would be something like "How can be determine that people are angry?" and further develop it to "How can emotions be justified accurately?" I hope you guys could help me add to my knowledge question. :)

hey! okay, so the KQ has to be second order (About the tok world; abstract), and your first question about people and anger doesn't seem too tok-oriented. HOWEVER, your second question is very interesting. Maybe you can use something along the lines of reason instead of justification; something like "in what ways can emotions be related to reason?" or "in what ways do emotions manipulate our reasoning?" (and then you could talk about emotions overpowering reason). 

Whatever you choose to do, remember to spend a few minutes CLEARLY CONNECTING your initial real life situation to the question. Something like "from the real life situation, we extracted the claim "human agression blah blah blah". This made me think about emotions being the source of violent behaviour, and emotion overpowering reason, blah blah , so I came up with the knowledge question "to what extent....?" "  This part is an essential part to score well. 

Good luck :) 

• Like 2

Hey thanks for your reply :) I started the first question as a guide to developing my real knowledge question, I guess that is just tedious and wasting time haha. I should cut clear to my knowledge question to avoid confusion and thanks for helping me refine my knowledge question :) Thank you so much and good luck for your TOK Presentation and your May exams ^_^

• Like 1

Hey thanks for your reply :) I started the first question as a guide to developing my real knowledge question, I guess that is just tedious and wasting time haha. I should cut clear to my knowledge question to avoid confusion and thanks for helping me refine my knowledge question :) Thank you so much and good luck for your TOK Presentation and your May exams ^_^

You are very welcome! willing to help if you need any more help. I already did my ToK presentation, thank god haha. Good luck to you too in both presentation and exams! 

• 3 weeks later...

I think you could connect human aggression to your question more, so it looks more related to each other.

Connecting human aggression to my question in what way? Would it be adding something about human aggression to my question or as I explain my knowledge question throughout the presentation? I'm a bit slow at understanding things so I hope you could elaborate it ^^" but hey thanks for offering help for me too :D

I think one possible question if you want to link it to reason would be: "Can emotions be justified accurately through reason?" in which maybe you can use scientific researchs about human anatomy as well as intuition about human reactions to certain circumstances :D