Any thoughts on my IA plan?

Topic: Newton's method

So I am gonna do two proofs on the convergence rate of two variations of Newton's method. and then compare them with some actual examples. Do you think it is a good plan? would that be boring. I mean the proof is kinda hard, and they are about two pages long each. ..... 

Topic: Newton's method

So I am gonna do two proofs on the convergence rate of two variations of Newton's method. and then compare them with some actual examples. Do you think it is a good plan? would that be boring. I mean the proof is kinda hard, and they are about two pages long each. ..... 

I only know a little about Newton's method, but I'm pretty sure that, if explained correctly, you could get the math points. It won't be boring if you find a way to make it interesting. The IB loves all that personal engagement thing, so if you can come up with an application for the method or something of the kind that relates to you or an experience you've had (advice: there's always some creative embellishment of whatever 'experience'  you're writing about) that would be great. Otherwise, you need to show engagement by going the extra mile and using example and trying to show them that you care about what you're doing. I  don't know if Newton's method works with that, but in the end it depends on how you go about it. I'm not sure if this helped much, but it's all I've got, hehe. Good luck!