OPVL question

FrenchIB

Hi,

I'm currently doing my history IA and I'm stuck on the Section C. 

My first source is a radio broadcast on a cartoon, commemorating the 70th anniversary of the end of WW2. It was aired by a British cartoonist in 2015 and it features historians. 

How is it valuable? I already wrote that the historians are experts in the field and have the benefit of hindsight but I can't seem to find another value linked to its purpose. 

Any ideas?

Thank you  :rolleyes:

You could expand on the historian point by saying that it's proof that the information has been thoroughly researched as historians have access to a wide range of sources and evidence.

Other than that, the source is a reflection of current public opinion in one of the countries involved in WWII

Edited by The00333
  • Like 2

Value with respect to the purpose depend on what you say the purpose is. The examples below are fairly rough... it's hard to make up hypothetical values of the purpose without a document (lol) . Hopefully they help some.

The value of the purpose is that because the cartoon makes fun of the historians, I can learn that not everyone agrees with what the historians have to say.

The value of the purpose is that because the cartoon clearly shows that a particular historian is more correct than the others, I can learn what the current correct opinion is. 

Edited by IB_taking_over
  • Like 1