Lang B grammar?

Hello! :) so next year I will be starting the IB program. I feel pretty good about it except for one subject; German.

Im doing german Language B SL.

I actually really started liking german last year as I had an absolutely amazing teacher (who I don't have this year and i won't have her for the IB either), the thing is, I SUCK AT GRAMMAR. Like in any language. I never really learnt it. 

As everyone knows german has the easiest grammar everrr *cough*.

No, but jokes aside, I love doing oral presentations and I'm good at writing and reading and stuff like that. For example my last two tests (where we have one grammar part and one writing part) I've gotten 18/20 points on the writing part but lost so many points on the grammar so that my final grade has ended up barely a 5... 

Firstly, I wanted to ask if there is a lot of grammar in the Language B SL exams and course? and even if there isn't a section fully dedicated to grammar, does it have a huge impact on the grades if you for example don't get the endings right?

Secondly, does anyone have any tips on how to improve one's german grammar? I feel pretty good about sentence structure so that shouldn't be a problem but it's "Endungen" that I'm struggling with.. and also when to use Nom, Akk and Dat. 

Thank you so much!