[Resources] May 2016 Prescribed Titles

IB Examiner

If you have spare time read up on some of these articles, they will surely help you!

(I have also attached a .pdf with some more relevant information)

General guidlines google doc - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nNB-QXKhFB1DDvXEC2i5LIDAiq875qZXuxqWM8LcciM/edit

1. “In gaining knowledge, each area of knowledge uses a network of ways of knowing.†Discuss this statement with reference to two areas of Knowledge.

2. “Knowledge within a discipline develops according to the principles of natural selection.†How useful is this metaphor?

3. “The knower’s perspective is essential in the pursuit of knowledge.†To what extent do you agree?

4. “Without application in the world, the value of knowledge is greatly diminished.†Consider this claim with respect to two areas of knowledge.

5. To what extent do the concepts that we use shape the conclusions that we reach?

6. “In knowledge there is always a trade-off between accuracy and simplicity.†Evaluate this statement in relation to two areas of knowledge.

Post any other links that helped you answer these questions and I will update the list.

MathsandtheArts2016ToKtitles.pdf

PrescribedTitle2.docx

Edited by IB Examiner
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...