Offer- holders 2016

AnastasiaVr

• 3 weeks later...

For the UK, I applied for English and Modern Languages (English + A different language at each place).

Predicted: 42/45 with 777 in top 3 HLs (screw you math)

Merton College, Oxford: English and Beginners' Modern Greek: Rejected lol@me

St Andrews: Persian, Russian and English: Accepted, 38 with 6 in English

King's College London: German with English: Accepted, 35 with 665 in top 3 HLs

SOAS: Turkish with English: Accepted, 35 with 665 in top 3 HLs

Edinburgh: Persian and English Literature: Accepted, 37 with 6 in English 

• Like 1

Predicted: 43/45 with a 766 at HL ( :( so close )

I applied for Biochemistry at 3 unis - Cambridge, Imperial, and UCL - and got rejected. I think it's because I'm taking Chemistry SL instead of HL (stupid mistake!! :dash:)

Forensic Anthropology at University of Dundee and got an offer: 30 points

Biochemistry at Southampton and I'm still waiting for a response!

• Like 1

Predicted 43/45   7766HL 77SL +3

I got warwick and durham for maths. Unfortunately, I received rejection today from oxford.

still waiting for imperial and lse.

Wish everyone to get into their dream school 

Edited by lubill
  • Like 1

Predicted 45 and applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bath and Southampton for Computer Science. Did an interview at Imperial about a week ago and haven't heard back yet (even though I didn't do that well so it might be a rejection). I have an interview at Cambridge this week. I also have an offer from Bath 36 with a 6 in Math HL and nothing from UCL or Southampton. 

Congrats to everyone on offers!  :D

Edit:  Got an offer from Imperial as well!

Edited by thecsstudent
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Predicted 38 or 39. Applied for History at Durham, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Nottingham and History & International Relations at Exeter. 

Offers from Durham (38, 666 HL), Cardiff (33, 6 in History 5 in another HL), Nottingham (36, 6 in History) and Exeter (36). Still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh.

At this point I don't think I'm going to go for Edinburgh as firm or insurance so I just want to hear back so I can submit decisions!

• Like 2

Predicted: 42 with 7,7,6 

I have applied to study Business and just found out today that I have received 5/5 offers from: Cardiff (35), Kings College London(35, 7, 6, 6), Nottingham (34, 18 at HL) , Bath (36, 7,6,5/6,6,6) and Exeter (36) 

Good Luck Everyone! and Congrats to everyone who has already received their offers  :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to you all!

I was predicted 44/45 with the only six being History HL.

I heard from

- UCL (39)

- Warwick (38)

- Bath (37)

- HKU (42 with scholarship!)

for Economics so far,

and is yet to hear from

- LSE

- Cambridge, Downing College (had an interview)

I'm also planning to apply to NUS and several Korean universities so unfortunately my personal statement writing days are not over yet :)

• Like 2

If I want to apply for 2019 for UK after my compulsory 2 years national service in Singapore, when do I start applying?

You'd start applying in the autumn of 2018, with deadline for Oxbridge/medicine being 15 October 2018 and for the rest of the universities 15 January 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulations to you all btw <3  AND OMG WHY DON'T PEOPLE POST ANYMORE. 

For me, I got predicted 41/45 with 766 HL. And, so far I have gotten these offers : (Mostly Business related subjects)

King's College London - Economics and Management - 766 HL 35 points 

Bath - 38 points 

Queen Mary - 35 (Scholarship!!!) 

Royal Holloway - Unconditional Offer with Merit Scholarship

Edinburgh - Still waiting. 

We should definitely revive this chat!

I think I'm predicted 43 or 44 (not sure about TOK/EE) and I've been accepted to each of the three schools I've applied for (all in Canada):

University of Waterloo: Biomedical Engineering (my top choice)

McMaster University: General Engineering (With goal of chemical biomedical engineering)

University of Ottawa: Mechanical Biomedical Engineering

Congrats on the UK uni acceptances! I've heard very good things about them

• Like 1

Wow, you guys are doing so well! I've got offers from all five choices, which I was astonished about, because I expected, like, two offers if I'm lucky.

I'm firming York (36 with 6 in History), but not sure if I should pick Reading or Sussex as insurance (both want 34, would be for 32 if I firmed), and I've ruled out Essex (30) and Kent (34). Applied for History in most, but History + English in Reading and Essex. I'd love to go to any of these schools, it sucks that there's so much choosing to do. :(

• Like 1