Essay title 4 value of knowledge

Imsuffering

Without application in the world, the value of knowledge is greatly diminished. Consider this in respect with two areas of knowledge.

I need help with ideas of what to write in here i cant find any information and I am confused. Is the value of knowledge always the same or it varies? Does the individual put a specific value to a knowledge, making it change its value? 

I am not sure if i am on the right track with this, also having trouble answering those questions. 

Hey, I'm working on the same title...

In my opinion, it means that if the knowledge isn't applied or used in your life, it loses importance. Which I totally agree with! If I'm not using  a piece of information, I wouldn't value it. I'm also having trouble supporting my ideas with RLSs... what have you got?

An example I have thought of, which could be used as a counter example to the statement that without application the value of knowledge is diminished, is learning dead languages like Latin or Classical Greek. Knowledge of these languages cannot be applied in the real world today because nobody uses them anymore in their everyday lives, however people still learn them for other reasons, such as being able to read old works of people or out of enjoyment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm doing my essay on the same topic. I've explored how the value of knowledge would be different without its application (in 2 AOKs, obviously; I've chosen religion and natural science) I'm basically giving arguments from both sides and concluding that it really depends. I've got some pretty good RLS for science, not so much for religion.. :P Which AOK are you doing it on?