How do you document a self-taught Creativity?

Hi,

I want to learn how to play the violin for creativity, but unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to take lessons. However, I have used YouTube to learn to play the piano, and that worked out fine. How can I document my progress without a teacher? Do I need some kind of approval from a leader, or is it enough if I write up the amount of hours myself and then show my cas-coordinator my progress through videos/sound recordings? I really want to do this for cas, so any help to convince my coordinator that this is a good idea will be highly appreciated!

The rules for each school may vary, but I think you'll need to have a supervisor who is not a family member. Maybe you can ask one of your teachers, e.g. a music teacher or any other teacher that has some sort of knowledge on music?

Perhaps you can update your supervisor/teacher on the pieces you'll be practicing on, and have a recording each week to show your supervisor as proof that you are practicing at home. :)

You can also have a Soundcloud account (or something similar) so that you can upload your recordings. This way, you can compare how you've done/progressed throughout the period of this CAS activity, which might be helpful during reflections. :)

Also, ask your CAS coordinator to make sure that this is allowed, as the rules for CAS in each school may vary. :) Best of luck!

• Like 1