Applying for Universities in Ontario......No Extra-Circulars?

ToRevOrNot

Hey guys I was just looking at the process of applying for universities in Ontario. Almost all school make you apply through the OUAC thing but I was looking at the whole "how to video" for it and all they did was choose the programs that one would apply to. What about stuff like extra-circulars and the personal statement? I'm so lost here.

Hey guys I was just looking at the process of applying for universities in Ontario. Almost all school make you apply through the OUAC thing but I was looking at the whole "how to video" for it and all they did was choose the programs that one would apply to. What about stuff like extra-circulars and the personal statement? I'm so lost here.

Oh um a lot of Canadian universities do not look at extracurriculars. They just look at marks. UBC's the only one I know that needs extracurriculars, and there may be others in Ontario. I think for certain faculties, you need extracurriculars.. double check the individual uni websites just to be sure. 

Oh um a lot of Canadian universities do not look at extracurriculars. They just look at marks. UBC's the only one I know that needs extracurriculars, and there may be others in Ontario. I think for certain faculties, you need extracurriculars.. double check the individual uni websites just to be sure. 

Oh my, I have been living a lie but thank you. I do remember one university at the fair saying they have another form that you can fill out with EC if you want to

OUAC will link you to individual schools' applications (all the big unis have them), if not you need to find them yourself. OUAC deals with marks, transcript, programs of interest, and application fees. If and when you will be accepted, OUAC is one of the places you can accept or decline any offer. I applied through OUAC and trust me, unis look at extracurriculars.

OUAC will link you to individual schools' applications (all the big unis have them), if not you need to find them yourself. OUAC deals with marks, transcript, programs of interest, and application fees. If and when you will be accepted, OUAC is one of the places you can accept or decline any offer. I applied through OUAC and trust me, unis look at extracurriculars.

wait what?? I thought most of them looked at marks D: 

wait yea queens does 

wait what?? I thought most of them looked at marks D:

wait yea queens does 

That may be true, but for the larger, more renowned schools (not saying they are necessarily better), such as UOttawa, Carleton, U of T, Waterloo, McMaster, Queen's, to name a few, will look at extracurriculars. These schools probably only take up a small portion of Ontario universities, so you are not mistaken.