Is Lang and Lit easier than Literature?

beth-

I've heard a lot of people say that it's easier to get high grades in Lang&Lit, because it's less intense. Is that true? I talked to an IB student doing the Language and Literature course and she said that it focuses a lot on how different environmental factors (history, gender roles, etc) can influence literature. 

What do you analyze in the literature course, and does it go deeper than lang&lit?

I do Lang/Lit, but the difference is that in the Literature course you need to read and study approx. twice the number of texts compared in Lang/Lit, and in Lit it is mostly critical analysis of poems/plays/novels, in other words 'pure' English. Lang/Lit on the other hand does achieve this through a certain extent, but it's focus strays away from traditional English - we look at ads, propaganda, media and representation etc. I think the depth of analysis of both courses are similar, but Lit focuses on hardcore traditional analysis, so it may seem more intense. Ultimately this is subjective, but the general consensus does seem to be that Lang/Lit is easier than Lit.