lola 22

Hi...just yesterday i got my predicted grades..34/42 . However i am very confident of  38/45 in my final grades.i want to study Law.my choices are...

Oxford

LSE

King's College London

Bristol

Leicester

2 dreams 2 safe 1 backup

is the choice okay?PLEASE ADVISE QUICKLY...MY UCAS APPLICATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY TOMMOROW. 

Sorry those shouldn't be happening. 

Your application is based on predicted grades (34/42) not what you think you're going to get at the end. So that's how you should apply. 

Currently you're: 

• 4 points off Oxford and LSE
  • 1 point off KCL 
  • 2 points off Bristol (only just make it for the contextual offer) 
  • You satisfy Leicester by 1 point

If we add one point for bonus points, only KCL comes back into view. You should also keep in mind most of them have HL requirements too (usually an 18 point minimum. 

Right now, you actually have 3 dreams (Oxford, LSE, Bristol), 1 safe/back up (Leicester) and 1 maybe (KCL). That doesn't bode well because it means you've either not researched well enough or been told bad information. I'm not saying any of this to be mean but all the universities will have a wealth of well qualified applicants and they can very easily just ignore the people who don't meet their entry requirements. 

So remove Oxford and LSE, give yourself more time to search options and change accordingly. If, when you get your grades, you find you've got 38 - 40 points, apply again. 

• Like 2

Does this mean the entry requirements do not include TOK/EE/CAS POINTS?

They do include TOK/EE points but you haven't specified them (final offers are done out of 45 points). However, even if you add 3, you still shouldn't apply for Oxford and LSE since there's a good chance you'd be rejected from both, just wasting your choices.

Alright..thank you so much.if i remove oxford and LSE then which univ would you suggest to me?

I can't do that for you at the moment. Some others have given suggestions in this thread. Since you have more time to complete your application, I'd recommend taking some time to research your options (for example, you might reach the requirements of one university but not like how the course is taught).

• Like 2