German B SL vs HL. Help!

Hello!

So, for my IB im planning on choosing HL Maths and HL physics

I then thought i would choose as my third HL chemistry, realising how hard that would be i decided that i should maybe choose HL Economics instead.

Right now I have a subject called social studies (history, geography, and economics), we're doing economics right now and I've just realised that i tbh don't even find econ that interesting...

So, a few days ago I sat in german enjoying the lesson (as I really like german, and is probably one of the few people that actually do) and thought that I maybe should choose HL german instead..

The thing is, I've only been doing german for 3 years. In the german system (if anyone knows that im on level B1+ using Ausblick 1+ if anyone know which book that is) so im scared im too bad. The thing is i really want to get a 7 and i don't know if im good enough. I was going to look at past papers online but i couldnt find any free ones.

Could anyone give me any advice? Thank you so much!!

If you love German, if you like the teacher, if you'd be willing to work your ass off during Pre-IB, if you would take an intensive course in German during the summer, try to read some easy books in German, and then progressively read more advanced books, watch television, and surround yourself around German, there's absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be able to take German B HL. 

Language B is intended for students who have a previous background of 2-3 years in the language, and focuses more on learning to communicate i the language in written and spoken form.  

Yes, it'll be tough as ****, and yes, you'll have to work for that 7, but there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to get it.

Edit: HL Maths and HL Physics are probably even harder than HL Chem, and that's what you're choosing to drop? What do you plan on doing at university?

Edited by Gaby
Sharing a link to past papers