Is it worth it to get into Oxford/Cambridge ?

Well, we all know oxbridge is renowned for its academic rigorousness, and getting in is the dream of many. However, the question I wanna pose is, is it worth it to get into oxbridge ?

I actually want to get into Cambridge, but I realize it is gonna be a lofty sum. I mean, do people earn more after graduating from Cambridge when comparing to other unis ? Is there anything special about the uni apart from its reputation ? Is it worth it to invest a total 90000 pounds just to get a degree from cambridge, considering I can pay 0 euro and study in german unis ?

What do you mean "is oxbridge worth getting into"?

Of course it's "worth getting into", it's one of the best academic institutions in the world, at the same level as Harvard or Yale in the US. Furthermore, of course you could stay and study at a German university, but being Swedish (and being able to pay nothing and study at a Swedish university) I would strongly recommend you going to the UK to study. 

Also, it's not 90,000 pounds, it's 9000, which equates to roughly 12300 euro (by a quick Google search). 

A degree from Oxbridge will be way more respected than a degree from the best university in Germany. Sad, but true. And yes, Oxbridge graduates make a lot more than other people in general, I've read it's about 20% more (but I could be wrong).

If you're from Germany, you should be classified at an EU student, which means you pay the same fees as Home students and can get a student loan to cover it. (Unless for some reason you're not an EU student). That makes this degree much cheaper (though still more expensive than one from a German university, obviously). 

Oxford and Cambridge have a distinct teaching style: while at most universities you will encounter lectures plus classroom-type education (around 15-30 students, depends on university, year, course, module etc.), Oxbridge students have lectures and tutorials (mine at Oxford varied from 4 to 2 people, so you might have a class with just one other person and a professor!). You should speak to someone doing the subject you want to study at Cambridge, ask them about the teaching style, what they do every day, etc. You might realise that such style of education is simply not what you're looking for. Or you may have an eureka moment and say "oh my god, this is exactly what I've been dreaming of my whole life". Do Oxbridge graduates earn more? Mostly yes, depending on the degree and how you're comparing it (e.g. an Economics graduate from LSE working at Goldman Sachs will most likely earn more than an English Lit graduate from Oxford at BBC). 

Of course it's "worth getting into", it's one of the best academic institutions in the world, at the same level as Harvard or Yale in the US. Furthermore, of course you could stay and study at a German university, but being Swedish (and being able to pay nothing and study at a Swedish university) I would strongly recommend you going to the UK to study.

Also, it's not 90,000 pounds, it's 9000, which equates to roughly 12300 euro (by a quick Google search).

A degree from Oxbridge will be way more respected than a degree from the best university in Germany. Sad, but true. And yes, Oxbridge graduates make a lot more than other people in general, I've read it's about 20% more (but I could be wrong).

no it is 90000 for non eu in total, i mean all the college costs and everything.

If you're from Germany, you should be classified at an EU student, which means you pay the same fees as Home students and can get a student loan to cover it. (Unless for some reason you're not an EU student). That makes this degree much cheaper (though still more expensive than one from a German university, obviously).

Oxford and Cambridge have a distinct teaching style: while at most universities you will encounter lectures plus classroom-type education (around 15-30 students, depends on university, year, course, module etc.), Oxbridge students have lectures and tutorials (mine at Oxford varied from 4 to 2 people, so you might have a class with just one other person and a professor!). You should speak to someone doing the subject you want to study at Cambridge, ask them about the teaching style, what they do every day, etc. You might realise that such style of education is simply not what you're looking for. Or you may have an eureka moment and say "oh my god, this is exactly what I've been dreaming of my whole life". Do Oxbridge graduates earn more? Mostly yes, depending on the degree and how you're comparing it (e.g. an Economics graduate from LSE working at Goldman Sachs will most likely earn more than an English Lit graduate from Oxford at BBC).

I am a non eu citizen :( sadly.

Edited by Guest

no it is 90000 for non eu in total, i mean all the college costs and everything.

I am a non eu citizen :( sadly.

Please, edit your posts instead of posting twice in a row. :) 

Have a look at this page http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/fees-and-funding/tuition-fees/fee-status the issue is not that straightforward with the fees status