Bio SL or ESS SL

comewhatmay

I'm currently doing Bio SL but I'm not enjoying the subject. I want to change to ESS SL. I have no intentions of pursuing science after school so I do not want to burden myself with something I do not like. Will not having a conventional science subject be a disadvantage for me? Do universities prefer people with conventional sciences?

Universities do not care unless it's related to the subject you're studying, and at Standard Level, it honestly doesn't matter anyway. Do ESS SL, it'll boost your overall score since you're more interested in the subject which will lead you to better universities.

I do want to do Psychology as a minor in college. Do you think not having Bio will be a problem?

No, it probably won't, since it's Psychology as a minor, and I'm quite positive there are no essential subjects for psychology, but I'm not sure how the US (or any other sort of university system except the UK one) works, so my advice is to e-mail the individual university and ask them what would be recommended, etc. 

Be wary, some top tier Universities will think you opted for an easy way out to boost your grades. That's what happened to this kid at my school who took really easy subjects (Except HL Econ) and didn't get into a University for a specified field cause the Uni thought he didn't challenge himself.

Research thoroughly before you make any decision