French AB Initio WA Help

Lara

Hello everybody,

I could really use some advice on my WA Topic for French AB Initio. I have thought of the following ideas.

1. Comparison between pollution in France and India. Also, measures implemented by the government to fight pollution. (Urban and Rural Environment)

2. Celebration of New Years in France and India. (Individuals and Society)

3. Natural resources of France and India. (Urban and Rural Development)

4. Cuisine of France and India. (Individual and Society)

I would really appreciate your opinion on the topics. Thank you for taking out your time and helping me.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how recent this is, https://ibpublishing.ibo.org/live-exist/rest/app/tsm.xql?doc=d_2_anlan_tsm_1105_1_e&part=5&chapter=3  but it says:

"A source is any text or visual resource linked to the student’s chosen topic that will enable the student to explore and reflect on aspects of the culture(s) studied during the course and his or her own culture(s). The sources may be generated by the teacher or the student."

So I'm assuming you'll be needing some sort of sources upon which you'll base your response (either you find it, or the teacher does). What you need to consider is the text types you could use to explore each topic, and which one is your strongest. The pollution one will allow for a wide scope of different responses, all of which would be perfect for a WA. But make sure you're famillar enough with the vocab to be able to write an effective response :)

• Like 1