TOK KQ Structure help

kevG

Hey y'all

For my TOK essay we are supposed to come up with a Knowledge Question on our own and write an essay on it. I chose a topic on the common assumption of how video games tend to influence violent behavior in teenagers. However I am having trouble structuring this topic into a question and this is what I currently have so far: "To what extent do video games show evidence in influencing violent behavior in teenagers?"

The area of knowledge I will be looking at is ethics and the ways of knowing will be perception, reason, emotion and language.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Usually with knowledge questions, they have to be really broad. For example, if you were writing an essay about language as an AOK, a knowledge question could be "to what extent does language influence our perception of the world?"

If you gave me a little more info about how you're linking ethics to your topic, perhaps I could aid in formulating a knowledge question :)

Guest SNJERIN

These are the prescribed TOK titles for 2016. 

1. “In gaining knowledge, each area of knowledge uses a network of ways of knowing.†Discuss this statement with reference to two areas of knowledge.

2. “Knowledge within a discipline develops according to the principles of natural selection.†How useful is this metaphor?

3. “The knower’s perspective is essential in the pursuit of knowledge.†To what extent do you agree?

4. “Without application in the world, the value of knowledge is greatly diminished.†Consider this claim with respect to two areas of knowledge.

5. To what extent do the concepts that we use shape the conclusions that we reach?

6. “In knowledge there is always a trade-off between accuracy and simplicity.†Evaluate this statement in relation to two areas of knowledge.