kierlani

Hello all,

I'm starting my second year of DP next year, and I want a textbook for SL Physics to work with. We don't use textbooks in my class, but last year I had a hard time without something physical to refer to when pre-writing notes. I need something to help me prepare for the exam itself. I was going to go with the Oxford book here but I don't think it's for the new curriculum (though I could be wrong). I've also read lots of mixed reviews about it. I don't want to drop upwards of $50 on a textbook that won't help me. (Not to mention I need one for chemistry too, that post is here.) My teacher has maybe ten or so of the Oxford books but we rarely use them, so I can't really say whether they work for me or not. Also, he was new last year so I didn't know his teaching style, and that was difficult. Can anyone help me with this? Should I just go with the Oxford book?

Best wishes,

N

Hi!

The book that we used for Physics was this one: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=uWVQrIZqz_MC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=physics+for+ib+diploma+k.+a.+tsokos&source=bl&ots=S9ggNYljA_&sig=TBCNR3Y7C1YtWjQH9PRgZ3TYa6c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFkQ6AEwCWoVChMIp6ee78ywxwIVS4kaCh15rgKz#v=onepage&q=physics%20for%20ib%20diploma%20k.%20a.%20tsokos&f=false

I do not know if you will like this book but to be honest when I was preparing for Physics I did not really use it.

As for notes, you might be interested to refer to these websites:

For revision, there are a lot of YouTube tutorials. So, if you are interested in such things, I can send you some links.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...