Written Task 1 on part 3

Hi every one, 

I need help for my written task 1. This is my 2nd tasks, but I still, don't have a clear idea about what IB want me to do.

I had read Doll's house and Street car named desire. 

I tried to search for examples of written task on part 3, but I couldn't find any.

All I have heard from my classmate and teacher is that the example is a diary entry of a character or something like that.

But I think it's not just simply composing some fiction text.

I don't know what they want me to show the understanding of, and how to show it in my text?

I will be much appreciate for the answer, Thank you.

The point of a WT1 on part 3 is to show your understanding of the texts you have read by, for example, adding a scene that in your opinion fits with the book. So let's say you're doing the WT1 on A Doll's House. You could show your understanding of the play by writing a letter from Nora to Torvald that she sent to him a while after the ending of the play. And in the letter you just try to show how you understood the events of the play and write it like you think Nora would write it. Then in the rationale you just have to reason why you chose to write what you did and point out some examples of your text and explain what you tried to achieve with them. The rationale is very important in tasks like these because even if your WT seemingly wouldn't fit with the book, as long as you can reason why you wrote what you did, you can score relatively well. Does this at all help you?

As for examples of past WT1s: I'm not sure what coursebook you're using in your class, but at least in our book there's an example of a part 3 WT1. And I'm sure there are more somewhere on the internet. Also, I suggest that you take a look at the assessment criteria for WTs. That will help you understand what's expected of you.

• Like 2