Failing the IB, going into community college.

Idontknowwhatimdoing

Hey guys.

I dont know how to start this off except by saying that I got a 17 in the IB. This was in 2014, last year. I didnt give a **** and pushed towards getting into a university. I wont lie and say that I didnt have suicidal thoughts, and that I came so close to jumping of off the roof one time, but thankfully I got over that crap. My problem here is that it still haunts me, I got into a community college (Keep in mind that i'm not a U.S. citizen, but I do study here) and i'm pretty much struggling, I cant manage to study hard enough and I slack all the damn time. My highschool was horse **** and they didnt offer an actual 12th grade diploma aside from the IB, meaning I cant apply with anything besides my stupid IB certificate. I was told that if I got an associates degree in community college, that my highschool grades/the IB wouldnt matter. Is that true? I cant handle the stress anymore, it makes me so depressed and it brings up such terrible memories. Help me with whatever tip you may have about overcoming the stress of failing and going through community college. PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO RETAKE THE IB!!

Thank you in advance, please help me out.

I don't know about US educational system, but first of all, calm down.

Of course there is not an easy pass. Were you on IB or community college you must study in order to succeed and I think your primary problem is that you have attitude to just slack when you should be working.

Now, I am kind of similar. I was almost threatened to be dropped from IB due one subject, English, not because I'm stupid but I just didnt get one essay done well enough. For pure laziness. Well, I got it done, eventually, but I kind of understand where "laziness" is coming from. However, I don't think there is any way to maintain both "slacking" and success on studies.

Anyway, failure on studies is not worth making a suicide for.

Hopefully you'll have a good day :)

• Like 2

Of course there is not an easy pass. Were you on IB or community college you must study in order to succeed and I think your primary problem is that you have attitude to just slack when you should be working.

Now, I am kind of similar. I was almost threatened to be dropped from IB due one subject, English, not because I'm stupid but I just didnt get one essay done well enough. For pure laziness. Well, I got it done, eventually, but I kind of understand where "laziness" is coming from. However, I don't think there is any way to maintain both "slacking" and success on studies.

Hahaha you're wonderful, that helped actually, thanks.

How did you overcome your laziness? Is there a method to it? a form of motivation?

• Like 1

Hahaha you're wonderful, that helped actually, thanks.

How did you overcome your laziness? Is there a method to it? a form of motivation?

Basically, I tought I rather write essay for 2 days than spend 200 days on waitress school (no offense to anyone why goes to waitress school, it's just me who doesn't fit). Plus, no one is going to have a converstion about theory of relativity with me if not my physics teacher who I want to see again. I have very high motivation for few subjects and with that I more or less endure (or try to endure) the rest. However I admit freely I do exactly what I shoudnt be doing on humanities lessons rather often. And I more often than not say I have 90% of humanities subject essay written when I in reality have 10% just to satisfy my teahcer and move responsibility to other day.

In my experience hardest thing to do is to get started, I usually put on nice music (it helps me to focus if it's not too loud) and take a pillow and cup of ice cream and start writing.

Edited by Emilia1320