US and Canadian unis

f(x)

Hi everyone,

I will be entering my first year of IB this year. I just wanted to know, especially from international students that have such experience, what do I have to submit in my application to american and canadian universities? Should it include report from other school years or just IB diploma is enough? I've been looking through several websites recently and from what I have seen they all require high school transcript, that is 3 years if I am not mistaken, so should I include the report from my junior year? If so, will this affect my GPA? I did great in my junior by getting 96% but managed somehow to get C+ on economics, largely because of language problems since that was my first year in international school. 

I'm not sure about Canadian universities but for American universities you usually need to submit your high school transcript (typically four years, 9-12 grade or year 10-13), SAT I or ACT score (don't need to submit if you choose to apply to a score optional school), SAT Subject tests (not always, depends on the colleges you're applying to), recommendation letters from your guidance counselor + academic teachers (some require them, some don't), common app essay (if you're applying to colleges who use the common app)/supplementary essays (some colleges on the common app require extra supplementary essay or some schools require an extra essay to apply to a certain program (honors colleges, scholars program etc)) 

Your transcript needs to include all the classes (and grades you got in them) you took in high school - this depends on the curriculum you're studying but in the US high school is grades 9-12. So, yes, your transcript should include the grades you got in year 1 and half of year 2 of IB as well as the grades you got in your previous high school classes (non-IB). I have no idea whether the C+ will lower your average (or whether it counts for that matter), definitely ask your guidance counselor instead as we don't know how your school calculates GPAs as we don't go there,

• Like 1