Question about Sports Management major in UK

Marshmallow1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I am a pre - IB student starting on this August. I am very interested in sports (football) and therefore planning to go to the UK for university. I was wondering which universities are considered to be strong in sports management. Thanks

I suggest you check out the rankings man. Even though a university may be really good for a subject, it may not be overall.  You have to take into  consideration your grades, location, tuition, student support, social stuff, etc.

I'd say no to studying sports management in general, sounds like a made up degree. Check out the sports managers (or whatever you'd call them) that you find impressive/interesting and see what they studied. I'm rather sure it was not sports management. 

• Like 1

I'd say no to studying sports management in general, sounds like a made up degree. Check out the sports managers (or whatever you'd call them) that you find impressive/interesting and see what they studied. I'm rather sure it was not sports management.

Hi. Thank you for your kind reply. As far as I know, several universities such as the university of Edinburgh offer sports management course as a degree. The thing I am not so sure about is which universities are considered as top in this area. I have searched up online few times but I guess since this is a very new course, the amount of information regarding this course is rather trivial.

Hi guys. I am a pre - IB student starting on this August. I am very interested in sports (football) and therefore planning to go to the UK for university. I was wondering which universities are considered to be strong in sports management. Thanks

I suggest you check out the rankings man. Even though a university may be really good for a subject, it may not be overall. You have to take into consideration your grades, location, tuition, student support, social stuff, etc.

Hi. Thank you for your reply :) I will certainly be considering these things when I look for universities

Hi. Thank you for your kind reply. As far as I know, several universities such as the university of Edinburgh offer sports management course as a degree. The thing I am not so sure about is which universities are considered as top in this area. I have searched up online few times but I guess since this is a very new course, the amount of information regarding this course is rather trivial. 

I'm sure there are some great courses on offer, but before you commit yourself to such a specific course, I think it's important for you to consider if this is actually going to help you achieve your career ambitions. What are your career ambitions, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sure there are some great courses on offer, but before you commit yourself to such a specific course, I think it's important for you to consider if this is actually going to help you achieve your career ambitions. What are your career ambitions, if you don't mind me asking?

I am interested in working for football clubs. I think Sports management would be one of the best courses I can take for my interest