Help with my art extended essay.

Julian Cruz

Hello everyone,

My name is Julian and I am currentry doing my IB.

I have now finished my first year and I am currently on my summer break.

I want to take this time to start working on my extended essay but I am really struggling with my subject.

I have chosen to do it in art, I dont have a question yet but I thought I could talk about how different artist have deformed the human figure through out the years and what effects that has had or why people like that kind of art.

I am not sure this is a good topic so I want to hear your opinions and maybe ideas on how I could make this better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm doing my EE in art and my supervisor basically says that its ideal to include in your question a time frame, art movement and/or the name of the artist(s) you're looking at.

For example, you could have:

To what extent did XXX's work benefit from his deformation of the human figure between the years XXX and XXX?

Also this is just an idea, but picasso could be quite a good artist to look at if you want to do the deformation of the human figure, since he started with realistic figures and portraits when he was young, but then moved to surreslism/cubism.

I personally like the idea of the topic and I think it will be a good one if you narrow it down a little.

Good luck! :)