EE psychology question

usernamed

So I'm trying to come up with a EE research quesiton.. 

And I've formulated a few questions, and I'm currently doing research on each one of them..

The first one I came up with goes like this:

How and why is creativity linked to mental illness?

Or should I make it something like:

To what extent is creativity linked to mental illness?

Which one is better???

The IB likes to what extent questions as do most students. Both are the same really.

Have you found studies that focus specifically on creativity? I would stay away from anecdotal content like artists and stick to science.

Allright. I guess I'll do to what extent.

And why stay away from artists?? Theres alot on artists, writers and musicians that suffered from mental illness. 

Because those sorts of reports are not necessarily based in science, they are usually just anecdotes from friends, families or reporters.

Your EE must use scientific studies/theories carried out by researchers that have been published in books and academic journals. If you look at EEs that scored an A in psychologist it will give you an idea of what to do.

Your idea of artists, creativity and mental illness sounds something like a TV special or documentary and not necessarily academic in nature but rather journalistic.

Because those sorts of reports are not necessarily based in science, they are usually just anecdotes from friends, families or reporters.

Your EE must use scientific studies/theories carried out by researchers that have been published in books and academic journals. If you look at EEs that scored an A in psychologist it will give you an idea of what to do.

Your idea of artists, creativity and mental illness sounds something like a TV special or documentary and not necessarily academic in nature but rather journalistic.

Oh what I meant is that I would use artists, writers, and musicians who suffered from mental illness as an example, But I will ensure that any evidence I present is backed up by scientific research. 

Oh what I meant is that I would use artists, writers, and musicians who suffered from mental illness as an example, But I will ensure that any evidence I present is backed up by scientific research. 

If you can do that great, I would recommend you find said research papers first though to make sure they exist ;). If they do then they should be the main focus of the paper and use famous people to illustrate little points rather than be what the whole paper is about.

• Like 1