Would switching out to Spanish Ab Initio in Grade 11 look bad on my transcript?

Background:

At the moment, I am enrolled in French 10 for the duration of Grade 10. When I initially chose my pre- pre- IB courses back in December, I planned to stick with French for this first year and abruptly switch to Spanish ab initio when IB began. 

I am planning on attending an Ivy League school and am aware of their selectivity- so would it be wise for me to make this switch? Would that reflect indecisiveness/ a lack of dedication? I am quite confused and have resorted to these forums :P

Well I think you would benefit in the admission process from mastering a second language, which French B SL could offer you. Nevertheless, Spanish AB initio won't give you a high level of proficiency. 

And don't forget that French is one of our country's official languages!  ;)

Edited by intranet3

Background:

At the moment, I am enrolled in French 10 for the duration of Grade 10. When I initially chose my pre- pre- IB courses back in December, I planned to stick with French for this first year and abruptly switch to Spanish ab initio when IB began. 

I am planning on attending an Ivy League school and am aware of their selectivity- so would it be wise for me to make this switch? Would that reflect indecisiveness/ a lack of dedication? I am quite confused and have resorted to these forums :P

Spanish is one of U.S.A.'s languages.