Ideal size of group for final presentation

Vvi

I wanted to ask people's opinions on what number of people they find works best for the final presentation.

We had a practice presentation today in class, and we were 5 people. Our time limit was 1/2 an hour, which wasn't enough for anyone to properly elaborate. My teacher said that if we are 2 in the final presentation, we can only have 20 mins altogether.

Is 2 or 3 people better for the presentation?

We didn't get to choose our groups for the presentation the other day, which was unfortunate because one guy is really bad at them and even though we offered to help him do a run through, he didn't think he needed to. In the end, he got shy, mumbled and stuttered and just really made the whole presentation seem bad because he went last.

What would be the maximum, in your opinion, for a presentation? With more people there's more ideas floating around, but also there's overlapping and some people are completely off track. Frustrating.

Does anyone have any experience of having done a final presentation alone?

mmh i'm doing my presentation with another girl.. and it's turning out fine..
although, if you wanna do somehting like a sketch, maybe 3's the perfect number.. so personally, if you're going for something more creative.. go for 3 people..
but if you're doing a presentation with ppt, or something of that sort (i.e. posters, maybe?) then why not do it by yourself?
it's not that difficult and it's better to not to have to depend on anybody else..
and even if it's not a ppt.. while my partner and i were brainstorming ideas in which we could maximise the fact that we were doing a group presentation, we set aside heaps of ideas which we considered we could do individually (in our school, one is group pre. and the other is ind. ) so i don't see any problem with doing it by yourself..
IF you're not set on doing some kind of a skit, that is..

cheers,.
B