Fluff in a World Lit Paper?

Ok so I'm done my World Lit paper and I just need to clean it up. For us, it's not going to get sent in until February so I got a lot of time to clean it up. The problem is that my essay has a bit of fluffy language and Idk if IB will like that. I've read exemplars and they were pretty clear cut and had zero fluff. I tend to incorporate fluffy language into a lot of my writing. Is it true that you get marks docked for having fluff in your writing in IB English Lit? 

IB definitely values being concise. If you can say the same thing in fewer words, you have more room for more content, and the essays that pack a lot of content in and give each part justice do the best. You want varied and precise vocabulary to do well, and precise vocabulary means choosing the individual words that say what you're probably saying in a lot of fluff. I don't know if it'll get you marked down a lot, per-say, but I'd try to limit the fluff to the best of your ability.

• Like 1

the way i see it, how does having fluff benefit your argument? it creates the sense of a weak argument because it lacks the precision and accuracy required to carry the assertive tone you want. also you lose words if you have heaps of fluff which means each argument is limited because theres not enough words to say what you want

• Like 1