which question should i use?

ibjak

My EE is on the US in the Korean War and I have 3 potential questions. As you should know the question is worth I think 4 or 5 marks out of the total...i forget the total...like 36 or something.

1: To what extent was the US intervention into the Korean War an extension of the Truman Doctrine?

2: To what extent was the US intervention into the Korean War due to the Truman Doctrine, the United Nations, Korea's strategic placement within Asia, and the Document NSC-68?

3: To what extent was the US intervention into the Korean War inevitable?

Hopefully I can pick one before the 26th: when it is due. Thanks to everybody who can help me.

Pick this:

1: To what extent was the US intervention into the Korean War an extension of the Truman Doctrine?

And then, in your essay, talk about how, aside from the Truman Doctrine, it was also result of the United Nations, Korea's strategic placement within Asia, and the Document NSC-68. Also say if it was an extension of the Truman Doctrine, whether it meant that it was inevitable.

The first one is succinct and allows you to elaborate on it to cover what you want to say in the other two 2 titles. Whereas title 2 is too in-your-face, if you know what I mean. It lists out your whole argument before you even start writing. Title 3 doesnt cover enough of the scope of the essay because in it you'll have to talk about the Truman Doctrine and other stuff anyway.

I agree, and the title of the 2nd one is so long that it's confusing already. My own question used to be about 3 sentences crammed into one, and I could never remember it when I was asked about my EE. Then I changed it 10 days before the very rough draft was due. Bad idea, but my question is better now.