Asian Studies - admission

takeiteasy

Hi, I'm Polish preIB student and my dream is to study Asian Studies (especially Chinese issues) at a good college in UK, US or Singapore. I know that besides good SAT and IB scores I need to show that I'm caring and creative person, involved in many extracurricular activities. But there are two problematic things. I mean, I've been thinking about them for a long time and I still don't know how to deal with this issues so I'd like to see your opinions.

Firstly, in my Personal Statement I should show why I'd like to study Asian Studies, my engagement in this area etc. And the problem is, that I don't know what I can do to demonstrate my motivation. I can learn an Asian language, I can read blogs, books, articles about Asian issues but I don't have any other ideas. There isn't any NGO in my city which focuses on Asian culture, there aren't many Asian people here. Currently, my city is developing relations with Chengdu but it's rather about economical issues, so I don't think that I can get involved in this case.

Secondly, while doing a research about studying abroad I found out that the best colleges are looking for reneissance people. I don't want to be impertinent or anything like that but what if I want to get to a top college, I'm ready to work hard towards my goal, get the highest scores, engage in voluntary work, broaden my knowledge about the world etc. but I really can't sing, dance and I'm not talented at sports?

However odd it may seem to you, I'd be very grateful if you could answer to my questions :)