How do US Unis calculate grades?

jcbrnko

Hello, I am an american student preparing for my first year of IB in september 2015. I will be in an international school in France. I'd like to apply to US Unis, preferably Ivy Leagues.

If anybody can answer some of my questions that's been troubling me, that would be very kind.

- Do US Unis only look at grades from the 2 IB Years? (I took grades 9th and 10th in the United States and I'd like to know if those years will count) I am aware that some american high schools that offer the IB program calculate a GPA over the course of 4 years. However, my french high school doesn't calculate a GPA. How will I be processed into admissions if my 2 years of American high school counts?

• 3 months later...

- Do US Unis only look at grades from the 2 IB Years? (I took grades 9th and 10th in the United States and I'd like to know if those years will count) I am aware that some american high schools that offer the IB program calculate a GPA over the course of 4 years. However, my french high school doesn't calculate a GPA. How will I be processed into admissions if my 2 years of American high school counts?

American colleges/universities look at grades (as well as rigor) from all of high school (9-12). In addition, they look at SAT scores, ACT scores, activities. 

As far as calculating your GPA, your best bet is to speak with an admissions adviser from a school you want to apply to.