I failed my exam

Tonight I had my mid year IB1 exam for Japanese B SL.
I failed, and when I mean failed, I failed terribly.
To place a perspective on the matter:

• The exam consisted of two past Japanese AB inito SL papers (a paper 1 and a paper 2)
  • We were allowed to use dictionaries even though those papers "should" be done without the use of a dictionary

And yet, I still failed.
I estimated that I got less than 30%.
So I feel pretty bad right now.
Tomorrow I have my IB Chemistry exam.
Hopefully I won't fail that too.

I'm on 6's and 7's (going by school report cards of course) at the moment for all my subjects, except for Japanese B.
I think I'm going to get a 1 or 2 for my final IB exam for Japanese next year.
Please help.

Thanks.

You need to be able to communicate about the topics in the syllabus for your exams, so learn the words and do the work your teacher gives you. Do your IA very well, it makes up a significant part of your grade. Since this is your half-term IB1 exam, you have plenty of time to get better.

Why did you fail your exam? Did you not study? In that case––study for November next year! Did you get nervous or lacked time? Then practice, practice, practice. Do past papers. Write your everyday stuff (grocery lists, diary, whatever) in Japanese. We would be able to help you further if you'd say why you failed.

Good luck!

honestly ab initio jap is the required knowledge for starting jap b so if you're struggling so hard with ab innate with a dictionary, you need to really sort your life out.

firstly, 30% is still about a 3, which is not a fail

secondly, for paper 1, you just need to know lots and lots of kanji. theres a required kanji list, learn the meaning (don't bother with pronunciation) of each kanji. when you see it in conjunction with another kanji you should be able to guess the meaning. also go on quizlet and look up ib japanese vocab lists and put aside 30+min a night to just go over japanese vocab. 

for paper 2, you use all the vocab and kanji from paper 1 and put this with lots of complex grammar and you're all good

• Like 1