Is Psychology recognised in Universities?

imbob

Is IB-psychology recognised and appreciated by universities. People tell me that psych is useless and that no universities actually like psych. This kinda scares me. I wanna do commercial law after this and right now im taking
HL Psych
HL English
HL Econ
SL Maths
Ab initio Spanish
SL Chem
Should I drop psych, take chemistry highers and take up bio??
Im so confused, HELP!

• 1 month later...

I completely disagree. Psychology is good for a lot of things and it definitely should be useful for commercial law. I shouldn't state much because it really depends on the university so it's difficult to say anything for sure. One thing I do know for sure that psychology is a handy subject to have because you can it apply to many different areas.
I don't think chemistry or biology concern law. In that case, psychology would be better.I don't see why it wouldn't be appreciated but make sure what the university wants first.

Edited by humingyay

• 6 months later...

A Level Psychology can sometimes be considered a soft subject.

If you're going to do Psychology itself, a lot of universities prefer you haven't actually studied A Level Psychology because it's too simplified and they reckon you'll have a better base to go on and achieve if you do science subjects.

Can't say anything about IB though :panic:

Well, I got into law school with IB Psych at HL. Haven't taken the exams, but my university is asking for a 6. I don't really see any links apart from, errr... eyewitness testimonies? How memory plays a part? Psychology for me is quite boring, I don't really enjoy it, but what can I say? Poor choice but nonetheless it's essay based, so it shouldn't be too bad. It's a soft subject if you don't combine it with traditional subjects. Don't worry, your combo is just fine! Your choices are perfectly suitable :P