UK University Requirements

ibsurvival_asmx98

If your grades equal or surpass the requirements you'll be considered. Then a wealth of other things are taken into consideration like you BMAT and UKCAT scores, your personal statement, experience, interview performance (if necessary). 

Medicine is very competitive and you could be predicted 43 and still get rejected from some schools. So it isn't just about grades. 

• Like 2

If your predicted grades is 1 point below you are still very likely to be given a conditional offer. And sometimes if it's 2 points below :) good luck

Where did you get that information from? 'very likely' doesn't even count for people who reach the requirements.

I got into warwick and durham and was predicted 2 points below the entry requirements? Also if you apply to unis such as nottingham, exeter, manchester, queen mary, they accept applicants predicted 2 points below

If your predicted grades is 1 point below you are still very likely to be given a conditional offer. And sometimes if it's 2 points below :) good luck

Where did you get that information from? 'very likely' doesn't even count for people who reach the requirements.

I got into warwick and durham and was predicted 2 points below the entry requirements? Also if you apply to unis such as nottingham, exeter, manchester, queen mary, they accept applicants predicted 2 points below

I'm not sure what course you applied for but using one case isn't enough to say that you're very likely to get into a university. It's better to say it's possible rather than very likely. 

I'm not sure what course you applied for but using one case isn't enough to say that you're very likely to get into a university. It's better to say it's possible rather than very likely. 

Maybe if you applied to a university with a 1 or 2 points below the entry requirements then you would know. Majority of the universities give students conditional offers if they apply with 1 or 2 points below the entry requirements, and several people in my school have got conditional offers from unis without meeting the entry requirements. I'm guessing your just basing everything you're saying on your assumptions. Unis also consider reference and personal statement

Maybe if you applied to a university with a 1 or 2 points below the entry requirements then you would know. Majority of the universities give students conditional offers if they apply with 1 or 2 points below the entry requirements, and several people in my school have got conditional offers from unis without meeting the entry requirements. I'm guessing your just basing everything you're saying on your assumptions. Unis also consider reference and personal statement

Alright, we don't need to continue this much further. I'm happy for you and your friends but I still don't think you're correct to say it's very likely to get an offer. I've worked with admissions tutors before and continue to do so. Of course, universities look at references and PSs but that doesn't mean you can essentially ignore the admissions requirements.

If it is 'very likely' instead of 'certain' you get an offer if you meet entry requirements, then why would it still be 'very likely' if you're under the entry requirements? Especially for a course as competitive as medicine. This isn't to say that one can't dream but you can't give people false hope based on personal anecdotes. 

• Like 1