Discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb?

lena7

[quote name='KLSmash' post='24490' date='Sep 17 2008, 02:58 AM']What exactly about Tutankhamen are you writing about? Remember--you can't just write about the history of it. It has to be analysis.[/quote]

I'm writting about the discovery of his tomb by Howard Carter, but I'm not sure if I have to mention all the chambers/rooms discovered and all treasures found there...

You could try writing your EE on something like "What was the impact of the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb on the field of Egyptology?" or "Was the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb more significant for the field of Egyptology than the discovery of the Rosetta stone?"

You must have your own analysis there, narrative EE's get very low marks. You must have a thesis that you are arguing throughout your essay. Look at the IB guidelines for writing an EE for History, there are examples of good research questions and bad ones.

[quote name='~Lc~' post='24770' date='Sep 20 2008, 07:17 AM']what subject is this EE in? Islamic History? because I doubt world istory would include it, and from what I know the IH syllabus doesn't cover egypt waay back then...[/quote]
It doesn't matter. You can do EE in history anywhere, anytime. You don't have to stick with the syllabus.

[quote name='Leia' post='24772' date='Sep 20 2008, 11:06 AM']It doesn't matter. You can do EE in history anywhere, anytime. You don't have to stick with the syllabus.[/quote]

This is correct, I have people in my class doing EE's on the British Mandate in Palestine even though our syllabus does not cover it. EE can be on any topic you want, but has to be a research paper that presents opposing arguments, original analysis and argues a thesis of the student's choosing.