French B SL vs HL

I know that the grade boundaries for French HL and SL are both really high (around 88%) and I was wondering what the gap was between HL and SL. Apparently Asian languages HL are extremely hard and our school doesn't offer them. I was wondering if the same applied to French HL? 

ALso, what's the difference between the HL and SL course? Thanks!

HL gets more time with the vocabulary so they are expected to know more, as well as know a little more complicated grammar structures. They are expected to be more proficient readers, writers, and speakers, but not to the level of a native of course (because native speakers do not belong in this course). For both SL and HL the IA is the same - a speaking and listening exercise, one with your classmates and one individually. The exam is a little different; they're both based on reading and answering questions on unseen texts and a writing portion, only HL will have "harder" texts (and I think an additional text to read), and they do two writings instead of one at SL.

• Like 1