Written Task 2 Help?

Hey guys,

I'm doing my Written Task 2 on The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien and I have decided to write about the question" Which social groups are marginalized, excluded or silenced within the text?"

I've done my outline and I'm planning to write about the lack of Veitnamese Presence in the collection, but what I'm stuck on is how to structure the whole essay.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks!!

Do animals count as social groups?  :D  Because that would be the most obvious group worth writing about.

But maybe the Vietnamese too. Especially the Vietcong. They are there, and we even get a close up glimpse of one in the tunnel system (does he really exist or a figment of imagination???). Then the dead boy...

Structuring your essay should be pretty straightforward: Define the terms of the question first off.  What do these terms mean in the context of this novel ? Which are you going to write about?  Why? Why is it important to write about/explore the novel in these terms?

Once you've done that, you should find it easier to discuss the novel in terms of how you've defined the question. You could do worse than beginning your main body with a vivid example of silecning or margninalising.... Continue from there ... C how that works 4 u...

Edited by Blackcurrant