Subject combos for uni

KOR(TENERGY)

Hello, fellas. I am a student who is in 12th grade now, and my exam is on November this year.

I personally want to apply Mathematics & Statistics major for university.

However, as I am applying for UK universities, the subject combination turns out to be a big matter right.

I am always worrying will there be any disadvantage from my subject combinations

My HLs are

Math, Korean Lit, English B

SLs are

Econs, Physics, Chem

The reason that I chose such kinda combo is because I have started studying in Singapore since last year, and I had never studied abroad before.

Fortunately, I am doing well on all of my HLs, but I am still worrying if I would get any kind of disadvantage on applying Maths & Stats major in university...

So, can anyone tell me whether it is okay to have such kinda subject combo or not?

I think it would depend on what university you are aiming for.

You should check the website of the university you are aiming for. They tend to show what kind of subjects and grades they prefer.

But I think British universities tend to focus more on subjects that are relevant to your chosen major.

Since you are taking Maths HL, I think it would be fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ebu is right, 

most universities state maths hl as the main requirement, but you need to check the university site.

Also since you've already completed 11th grade, avoid changing your subjects now,

since you are doing well in these subjects try to adjust your university preferences to your subject choices

good luck :)