Applying to Saint Andrews.. Help?

erocher

Okay so I've been really passionate about zoology since quite a young age, and Saint Andrews is my ideal university choice (Not because of the Royals meeting there). I haven't gotten my predicted grades yet but the subjects I take are: Chemistry HL, Biology HL, French A HL, English A SL, Math SL, and Psychology SL. I'm pretty confident I'll get a 35+ but I don't want to jinx myself. I'm doing my EE in biology and more specifically botany, and for CAS I've taken part in a project that raises funds for a local organisation against animal cruelty. I've really tried to put all the chances on my side, because since I'm french, it's really competitive to get into St Andrews. The reason for this if you didn't know is because it's really cheap for EU citizens. 

My question goes out to students who've applied to St Andrews in the past, offering tips of advice. It's terribly daunting to apply to your top choice and knowing there's a little chance I'd get in. Advice anyone?

• Like 1

I'm not in university, but I had a conversation with a NYU councillor and she was adamant about showing passion in your admission essays and interviews. Since a Bio/Chem HL combo is a demanding one and even from this post, you sound passionate about the subject, you're already showing it from that side, so just try to also convey it via everything you're communicating the school. Make sure they understand this is your top choice––this university, course, and that it's what you want to do in life. I'm sorry that can't help you more since I'm only applying next year like you are, but good luck!!

• Like 2

I'm not in university, but I had a conversation with a NYU councillor and she was adamant about showing passion in your admission essays and interviews. Since a Bio/Chem HL combo is a demanding one and even from this post, you sound passionate about the subject, you're already showing it from that side, so just try to also convey it via everything you're communicating the school. Make sure they understand this is your top choice––this university, course, and that it's what you want to do in life. I'm sorry that can't help you more since I'm only applying next year like you are, but good luck!!

Thank you, Bio/Chem definitely isn't simple but I'll certainly try my best!  :)