I will be starting my experience through the IBDP in August. Time is running low, therefore I have to make a quick choice regarding the subjects that I will be taking. I am having trouble trying to make the right choice when it comes to Business and management or Economics. It's either Business and management SL or Economics SL. 

I want to know how the two courses differ and how are they similar.

I want to choose the course that is easier, requires less work, has a lower curve and is easier to score a 7 in!

so which one do you recommend?

Please help if you know anything regading the two subjects!

Thank you

Edited by Azalea

I cannot talk for business management as I didn't take it but I did take econ SL. Regarding the assessments for economics you need to find articles (articles that have some economic content eg: government rises cigarette taxes etc.) and write about 750 words commentary. There are three of these that need to be submitted. If I am not mistaken Business and management has a project which is kind of research based where you have to write about some real business organization and do some analysis. Personally I think that writing commentaries can be easier than doing a research based project but again this depends on whether you like doing some a mini research on a real organization. 

As for content I cannot comment on Business management. I generally found economics interesting and very relevant to the real world. Also economics is concept based which means that doing well on the subject usually does not require as much memorizing or remembering stuff. You need to understand the concepts and be able to relate them to the real world and you will be fine. 

Also you might want to consider your career plans and whether any of these two subjects would better suit your plans. 

• Like 1

Economics tend to be considered a more prestigious subject and therefore is liked by universities. I think Economics SL is relatively easy if you understand the concepts whilst Business its more about case studies and memorizing.

It would ultimately depend on what you think you are good at but I would personally recommend economics(:

Hope this helped

• Like 1