zuziar

Hello, I've already finished first year of IB, and my subjects are:

• Biology HL,

• Chemistry HL,

• English (B) HL,

• Math SL,

• Geography SL

• Polish SL (A1).

Unfortunately I have started doing research about medical universities in USA too late because I was planning to study in Poland but now I have changed my mind. So I'm quite scared because I read that some universities ( e.g http://apply.medschool.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=58) require one year of college Physics with equivalent lab. What am I supposed to do? Because after one year there is no chance for me to take physics...  Maybe there are another prerequisites for IB students or maybe, I should take SAT II from physics... How do you think? I will be very grateful for any help :)

The wonderful (awful?) thing about US universities is that you will very rarely apply to medical school straight out of high school. You are often required to complete an undergraduate degree first where you must complete certain prerequisites before being allowed to apply to medical school, which is a post graduate degree. Basically you pick something to study (usually it's a science subject but it can be anything) and along the way you take your required biology, chemistry, physics, and other courses. So don't worry, if you decide to study in the US you will eventually take physics at some point in your undergrad degree.

• Like 3