English Literature or English Language&literature?

English Language and Literature is a much broader course, it focuses on several aspects of the English language such as advertisements, As opposed to literature which focuses solely on books, and poetry. English Language and Literature is for me much more interesting, although this depends on the person. Also, remember you have theliterature component of English embedded within the Language & Literature course.  I'd suggest having a look at past papers for each subject, and talking to your teachers. 

Best of lucks, if you have further questions feel free to P.M me. 

• Like 1

Lit is considered to be a more challenging, and Lang & Lit an easier course. If you want to study languages, I'd recommend Lit. In Lang & Lit, you learn to identify and analyse various text types (articles, blog posts, memoirs, song lyrics, what have you) in the context of culture (part 1) and mass media (part 2) in the first year, and the second year is about literature (part 3) and poetry (part 4). The Lit course entails more books and more reading, as far as I know, it's similar to the Lit part in the other course, but more in depth.

PS––since you want to study languages, I'd recommend taking language B HL too. :)

• Like 2

English Language and Literature is a much broader course, it focuses on several aspects of the English language such as advertisements, As opposed to literature which focuses solely on books, and poetry. English Language and Literature is for me much more interesting, although this depends on the person. Also, remember you have theliterature component of English embedded within the Language & Literature course. I'd suggest having a look at past papers for each subject, and talking to your teachers.

Best of lucks, if you have further questions feel free to P.M me.

Thanks a lot! :)

• Like 1