Does additional math count as CAS?

I mean math one does on freetime, OUTSIDE curriculum (of course homework doesn't count). I'm on Pre but we need to do some practice CAS already :S

I'm struggling to gather Creativity hours and I tough this could be an idea. I've been working on basics of linear algebra from outside IB curriculum, and, techincally I'm learning new skill, I'm totally enjoying myself and developing as person and "finding new aspects to myself" like our CAS teacher instructed me to do :D

... Totally CAS right?

Is there some limitation that could prevent me from getting CAS for this?

I mean math one does on freetime, OUTSIDE curriculum (of course homework doesn't count). I'm on Pre but we need to do some practice CAS already :S

I'm struggling to gather Creativity hours and I tough this could be an idea. I've been working on basics of linear algebra from outside IB curriculum, and, techincally I'm learning new skill, I'm totally enjoying myself and developing as person and "finding new aspects to myself" like our CAS teacher instructed me to do :D

... Totally CAS right?

How can you provide "evidence" to your CAS coordinator that you have actually done the hours? Otherwise it seems like a nice idea :)

... Totally CAS right?

How can you provide "evidence" to your CAS coordinator that you have actually done the hours? Otherwise it seems like a nice idea :)
I could show my notes, and tasks I've solved, I don't think there would be any other or better way to do it :/

I guess it's okay, inquire with your CAS coordinator.

But my only issue would be that since it's linked with the syllabus, it may not contribute or be allowed to be considered as CAS as it's supposed to be extra-curricular.

Well, that just means I must figure out something that aint even close to syllabus. This world won't run out of math very soon ^^

Anyone else had view on this?

It doesn't count as CAS if you do something related to the subject you're doing. E.g. I could count my French lessons as CAS, because I wasn't taking French in the IB, but my additional English lessons (even though they were above the syllabus level), I couldn't, because I was doing English in IB. 

So, in short, no, it doesn't count as CAS. Unless your CAS coordinator is beyond lenient.