Possible Exam Questions for Biology and Chemistry?

Baller97

Hey guys :)

What questions do you expect to come in the Biology or Chemistry exams this May?

Hello!

You mean from the core? I don't think that something gets excluded... Overall, in paper 1 all topics are assessed... Now, in paper 2 BIO I really hope that in Section B there is a long answer question about physiology, i.e. menstrual cycle, reproduction or kidne (my favs) and possibly respiration, photosynthesis...

In chemistry, I think I'll probably chose the chapter 10 question from section B (there is a question in almost all papers) and I really hope there is an easy one about equillibrium, without involving redox, which I hate...

What options do you have in both subjects?

What questions do you expect to come in the Biology or Chemistry exams this May?

Hello!

You mean from the core? I don't think that something gets excluded... Overall, in paper 1 all topics are assessed... Now, in paper 2 BIO I really hope that in Section B there is a long answer question about physiology, i.e. menstrual cycle, reproduction or kidne (my favs) and possibly respiration, photosynthesis...

In chemistry, I think I'll probably chose the chapter 10 question from section B (there is a question in almost all papers) and I really hope there is an easy one about equillibrium, without involving redox, which I hate...

Yeah, in chem section B there's usually a question on topic 10, another on redox, and another on the atomic structure/bonding/periodicity. Biology is just.. x_x I was just wandering if there had been any recent trend in the question that they ask for Bio.

My options are:

Bio - Option E (Neurobiology) and Option G (Ecology)

Chem - Human Biochemistry and Environmental Chemistry

What about you :)?

Hello!

Yeah, in chem section B there's usually a question on topic 10, another on redox, and another on the atomic structure/bonding/periodicity. Biology is just.. x_x I was just wandering if there had been any recent trend in the question that they ask for Bio.

My options are:

My Bio Options are D (Evolution) and G and in Chem I have B as well and D (Medicines and Drugs)

I hope that the exams are not way too hard due to the change in the syllabus for the next candidates...

Good luck for both of us!(fingers crossed)

• Like 1

Hello!

My options are:

My Bio Options are D (Evolution) and G and in Chem I have B as well and D (Medicines and Drugs)

I hope that the exams are not way too hard due to the change in the syllabus for the next candidates...

Good luck for both of us!(fingers crossed)

True that! I'm sure we'll do just fine (Y) 

I hope too that there will be questions about physiology and respiration/photosynthesis HL stuff. I really really hope they don´t put in ecology questions for Section B  :rolleyes: And also I really don´t wanna draw and label the reproductive systems or a dicot seed  :rolleyes:   :blink:

I hope too that there will be questions about physiology and respiration/photosynthesis HL stuff. I really really hope they don´t put in ecology questions for Section B  :rolleyes: And also I really don´t wanna draw and label the reproductive systems or a dicot seed  :rolleyes:   :blink:

I'm sure the IB would do exactly what you want :P hahah

For Chemistry Paper 2, I will be very upset if there are any questions on acid-base calculations in Section A because I literally never succeed in those x_x For Section B, I'd probably choose an Organic Chemistry-question :P

I cannot stand Biology Paper 2 Section A... But for Section B there, I am hoping for anything on nerve impulses, photosynthesis or cell respiration!  :rolleyes:

As for options, in Biology, I'm doing D (Evolution) (so much hate for this option...) and E (Neurobiology); in Chemistry, option B (Human biochemistry) and option G (Further Organic Chemistry) ^_^

Edited by spacescampi