Biology IA RQ help

Faviatrix

I know people in here are not very fond of helping coming up with a RQ but I seriously need your help guys. My mum have been very, very sick for the fast few weeks so I am severly behind in school and got my mocks coming up in 3 weeks and after that we need to do the experiments for our Bio IA. 

Anyways:
My plan was to do something on Parksinson's and Genetics so I came in contact with a researcher at Karolinska Institute who is leading a research group in finding out if Parkinson's disease is heritable. 

So - she offered me access to her lab which means I have access to all I need for doing genetic research, DNA of patients with and without parkinsons and ofcourse a PCR. 

I may not be interested in studying biomedicine or anything like that later in life, but as my dad suffers from parkinson's disease I just really wanted to make him proud and do my bio IA within the field of Parkinson's. 

So has anyone got any good ideas? It doesn't have to be advanced, it can also be anything on external causes of parkinson's or things that can relieve symptoms. Just anything would help so much! Please. 

Bro...as much as I admire your intention and all, doing anything in genetics is hard

Maybe something like the frequency of an allele and a particular characteristic? Hmmmm, the external environment (and habits) and relieving symptom sounds like a good direction. Or put brain scan (mental retardation) and some other factor together. These are just things you could potentially consider

But I'm slightly concerned because a). there would be a lot of biostatistics involved, which were not covered by IB biology, b) the amount of knowledge may risk this being turned into a proper PhD essay, c). you may end up evading the experimental aspect of your EE, which, while not required, is always good to have