IB Music SL: Listening Help

Echowave

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently taking IB Music SL and suffering greatly from the listening (I have absolutely no problem with performance) it's really the listening I'm struggling with. I've already done my grade 5 theory exams but they are absolutely no help for me for IB Listening when analysing scores (I have never done this before)...

I could really use some help on how I'm supposed to apply the things learnt into context and how am I supposed to answer those tedious questions D: I really don't get it... Basically my IB score is really a 3 balanced by a Level 7 for performing LOL

Please do give me some tips etc really don't know how to deal with ib music T^T

Thanks!

Well I didn't get to take IB Music but for listening, all I can suggest is practicing at home by listening to scores (pausing them between a few bars) and then figuring out what notes they are. Then slowly increase the number of bars you listen to, choose a faster song...etc. If you have trouble actually figuring out the notes, then practice listening to your scales and the intervals everyday so that you're able to recognize them better. 

Honestly, no idea if this would help....wishing you all the best