University application

fvsegarra

You should talk to your IB coordinator. It is similar with German universities, as they need to see my results before the actual diplomas are issued, and there is an option of allowing the university to see your results online. That means the IBO needs your permission to publish the results, and your coordinator should be able to help with that. :)

In my school we recieved the unofficial transcripts of grades the day we recieved our results (it was the first week of July). These were just prints of what was on the Internet with a school stamp and signed by a head teacher. It was enough for the unis in the UK (they didn't even want me to show the actual diploma), and as far as I know from other people, it was sufficient for German unis at the time as well.

But the best you can do is email the admissions office at your uni, explain the situation and ask if such transcript is enough. They should kmow that different qualifications are issued at different times and I'm sure they have a way to account for this.

Also you can request the IBO to send the official transcript directly to your uni. It costs some $15 as far as I know, and you probably have to contact your IB coordinator for this. I'm not too sure about how it works though, I don't know anybody who actually had to use it. Anyway, you should contact the university for direction first.

Edited by Slovakov
  • Like 1

In my school we recieved the unofficial transcripts of grades the day we recieved our results (it was the first week of July). These were just prints of what was on the Internet with a school stamp and signed by a head teacher. It was enough for the unis in the UK (they didn't even want me to show the actual diploma), and as far as I know from other people, it was sufficient for German unis at the time as well.

Possible that the procedures have changed - the Germans now want it officially, and a couple of my friends last year weren't able to get into TUM (Munich) because the coordinator was not aware of the whole thing. 

So yeah, ask the admission office, but I think it might be safer to go with this official sending. That's what I'll do, at least. :D

• Like 1

Hello,

I will have to talk to my IB coordinator for sure.

I asked the IB about this concern, and apparently, I will not have my diplmoa until mid-August. However, I need to send a hard copy of my diploma to Rotterdam School of Management before Agust 10th.

Dear Fran,

Thank you for your email.

I believe you are a candidate from the May 2015 session. This diploma certificate will be sent to school mid-August. However, your coordinator should be able to request for a transcript to be sent to your university instead.

Please speak to your IB Coordinator on this matter instead.

Kindest regards,
Alka Pillai
Administrator - IB Answers