Absences = Mental Health Days?

Guest croixvee

Funny, I study much better at school, than at home. At home, there are way too many distractions (tv, internet, parents asking you to do chores ...).

I never took some time off from school for "mental health" reasons. I'd feel guilty afterwards and I would'nt like begging for course notes like some in my class did frequently. I don't know if they ever got them...

I've taken one this year so far; and it's been the only day I haven't gone to school.

My whole grade was doing some stupid inspirational speaking day that we had already gone to in year 8 AND year 9, so I felt I could be more productive at home and took the day off. Of course I ended spending most of the day relaxing, but it was totally worth it :D

So far I've skipped history before school on Thursdays because I like sleeping and we don't do anything in history then.

But before IB, I skipped so much school it's not even funny and still got really good marks. (For one semester in year 8 I had something like 30 absences, so like a month of skipping) The problem is that you can get into routines and not be bothered to go, like I did, but it's ok for me now.

yep!

maybe not for homework but it's a common occurrence for assignments

whenever something major is due you just see the number of students slowly decrease over a few days and then magically increase when the due date passes

and also those random days when you just can't peel yourself off the bed because your body has finally broken down due to extreme lack of sleep

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. what I do is when I have a free period or if I don't have subjects for the rest of the day, I get my parents to call school and tell them I'm not feeling well and I just go home.

But I definitely agree with what Chelleee said. Because we have such a small IB class (22 students), it is quite noticeable when people wag to do assignments and the teachers notice too.

Or we just tell them that person is wagging ;)

Edited by rAiiNaa.xx

• 1 year later...